As watch list season continues to march on, the Biletnikoff Award is up today. The Tallahassee Quarterback Club Foundation presents this annual award to the top receiver in college football, regardless of position.
Several dynamic playmakers from the ACC made the list, including a pair of teammates: North Carolina’s Dyami Brown and Dazz Newsome. Earlier this week, when the Doak Walker Award announced its own watch list, another pair of UNC teammates made that cut, too: running backs Michael Carter and Devonte Williams.
Here’s the look at the group of ACC players (five total) named to the Biletnikoff Award watch list. This feels somehow incomplete without the inclusion of Clemson’s Justyn Ross — the A-1 receiving talent at one of the premier vertical offense factories in the FBS, and a serious NFL prospect. Of course, Ross will miss the entire 2020 season following surgery in early June.
- Tamorrion Terry, FSU
- Career: 95 receptions for 1,932 yards and 17 touchdowns
- Tutu Atwell, Louisville
- 2019: led the ACC in receiving yards per game (98.2), while also ranking inside the top five of the league in touchdown catches (12) and yards per catch (18.2)
- Dyami Brown, North Carolina
- 2019: 1,034 receiving yards, tied a UNC school record with 12 receiving touchdowns
- Dazz Newsome, North Carolina
- 2019: 1,018 receiving yards and 10 touchdowns, led the Heels with 72 receptions and 84.8 receiving yards per game
- Sage Surratt, Wake Forest
- 2019: 1,001 receiving yards, 11 touchdowns — only 9 games
It’s also pretty cool to see Sage Surratt, a semifinalist for the award in 2019, named to this list just a few days after his older brother, UNC linebacker Chazz Surratt, landed on the Bednarik Award watch list, too.
Read More on Sage Surratt
Behind the numbers: Surratt turns into one of the best receivers in the FBS