It’s February so you know that means it’s time to talk…Heisman? Sure, you knew that! Well, in case you didn’t (raises hand), here’s a look at the early odds to win the 2019 Heisman Trophy. Near the top of the list, you will find several ACC names — led by intramural basketball star Trevor Lawrence.
HOT OFF THE PRESSES from @SuperBookUSA!!!
Opening odds to win the 2019 Heisman Trophy: pic.twitter.com/VVZi10URgt
— Covers (@Covers) February 27, 2019
- Trevor Lawrence, Clemson, QB (3-1)
- 2018 Stats: 259-of-397 (65.2%) for 3,280 yards, 30 touchdowns, 4 interceptions
- AJ Dillon, Boston College, RB (40-1)
- 2018 Stats: 10 games, 227 carries, rushing 1,108 yards (4.9 per carry), 10 touchdowns
- Travis Etienne, Clemson, QB (40-1)
- 2018 Stats: 2014 carries, rushing 1,658 yards (8.1 per carry), 24 touchdowns
- Justyn Ross, Clemson, WR (50-1)
- 2018 Stats: 46 receptions, 1,000 yards (21.7 per catch), 9 touchdowns
- Tee Higgins, Clemson, WR (100-1)
- 2018 Stats: 59 receptions, 936 yards (15.9 per catch) 12 touchdowns
- David Summers, Syracuse, QB (100-1)
- This award has become so QB-centric it’s kind of hilarious. But it makes sense, too; that is the sport’s glamour position, and as the game becomes more spread and fast-paced it allows for some bonkers numbers.
- So, um, yeah…that Clemson offense is going to be pretty good next season, huh?
- AJ Dillon: Can he stay healthy? His ankle injury in the win over Temple last season may have been somewhat unlucky; however, Boston College has leaned on him heavily over the course of two seasons now, too. As a freshman in 2017, he ranked third in the FBS with 300 carries; in his sophomore season Dillon carried the ball 227 times — second most in the ACC despite playing 10 games. For his career, Dillon averages just under 23 carries per game.