With the No. 7 overall pick in the 2020 NFL Draft, the Arizona Cardinals selected Clemson star Isaiah Simmons. The 6-foot-4 Simmons is a position-less force, moving all over the field for the Tigers the last three seasons. Simmons was named the ACC Defensive Player of the Year in 2019.
He will move on to help out a defense that ranked 23rd in DVOA last season.
Going back to the 2012 draft, Clemson has had at least one player selected in the eight of the last nine first rounds. (The lone exception came in 2018.)
- 2019 season with 102 tackles (6.8 per game) and 16 tackles for loss, both of which ranked top 10 in the ACC.
- Over the last 20 seasons, Simmons is one of only 23 FBS players to record 15 tackles for loss and three interceptions in the same season
- Career Numbers
- 253 tackles (28.5 for loss)
- 10.5 sacks, 22 pass breakups
- four interceptions (including one returned for a touchdown)
- five forced fumbles and a fumble recovery
- 1,856 career snaps over 44 games (29 starts)
- Height: 6-4
- Weight: 238
- 40-yard dash: 4.39 seconds
- Vertical: 39 inches