Six ACC schools reached the 2015 NCAA Tournament, with Duke earning the league’s lone No. 1 seed. The Blue Devils will play out of the South Regional, and its first two games will be in Charlotte. Virginia earned the No. 2 seed in the East Region and will also play in Charlotte for its first two games.
Notre Dame earned the No. 3 seed in the Midwest Region, while North Carolina and Louisville each earned No. 4 seeds — The Tar Heels in the West Region, and the Cardinals in the East.
NC State drew the No. 8 seed in the East Region, and will play in Pittsburgh along with Notre Dame. UNC is playing in Jacksonville, Florida, while Louisville is playing in Seattle.
Take a closer look at the match ups featuring ACC schools for the first weekend of the NCAA Tournament.
THURSDAY, MARCH 19
Notre Dame (No. 3 seed, 29-5, 14-4 ACC) vs. Northeastern (No. 14 seed, 23-11, 12-6 Colonial Athletic Conference) Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- The Fighting Irish would face either Butler (No. 6 seed) or Texas (No. 11 seed) Saturday, March 21 if they defeat Northeastern.
North Carolina (No. 4 seed, 24-11, 11-7 ACC) vs. Harvard (No. 13 seed, 22-7, 11-3 Ivy League) Jacksonville, Florida
- The Tar Heels would face either Arkansas (No. 5 seed) or Wofford (No. 12 seed) Saturday, March 21 if they defeat Harvard.
NC State (No. 8 seed, 20-13, 10-8 ACC) vs. LSU (No. 9 seed, 22-10, 11-7 Southeastern Conference) Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- The Wolfpack would face either Villanova (No. 1 seed) or Lafayette (No. 16) seed Saturday, March 21 if they defeat LSU.
FRIDAY, MARCH 20
Duke (No. 1 seed. 29-4, 15-3 ACC) vs. North Florida/Robert Morris (No. 16 seed) Charlotte, North Carolina
- The Blue Devils would face either San Diego State (No. 8 seed) or St. John’s (No. 9 seed) Sunday, March 22 if they defeat either North Florida or Robert Morris.
Virginia (No. 2 seed, 29-3, 16-2 ACC) vs. Belmont (No. 15 seed, 22-10, 11-5 Ohio Valley Conference) Charlotte, North Carolina
- The Cavaliers would face either Michigan State (No. 7 seed) or Georgia (No. 10 seed) Sunday, March 22 if they defeat Belmont.
Louisville (No. 4 seed, 24-8, 12-6 ACC) vs. UC-Irvine (No. 13 seed, 21-12, 11-5 Big West Conference) Seattle, Washington
- The Cardinals would face either Northern Iowa (No. 5 seed) or Wyoming (No. 12 seed) Sunday, March 22 if they defeat UC-Irvine.