The official ACC Football 2020 schedule was announced on Thursday. This release provided additional scheduling context: dates of games and non-conference opponents for most of the league’s 15 teams. The ACC has an 11-game schedule model for the 2020 season due to COVID-19: 10 conference games and one non-conference matchup.
With that in mind, here’s a look at the non-conference matchup data for all 15 programs, as presently constituted. Two teams — Clemson and North Carolina — don’t officially have an out-of-conference opponent set in stone.
Florida State and Virginia are the only ACC schools to keep games FCS teams on their schedules*.
* Pending Clemson and UNC announcing who they're playing.
— Conor O'Neill (@ConorONeillWSJ) August 6, 2020
A reminder: non-conference opponents must meet certain qualifications, too. In terms of location, those games must take place in the home state of the ACC program. All out-of-conference opponents must also meet the medical protocol requirements put forth by the ACC.
Ohio — Sept. 12
- Location: Alumni Stadium, Chestnut Hill
TBA — Sept. 19
Charlotte — Oct. 31
- Location: Wallace Wade Stadium, Durham
Samford — Sept. 12
- Location: Doak Campbell Stadium, Tallahassee
Central Florida — Sept. 19
- Location: Bobby Dodd Stadium, Atlanta
Western Kentucky — Sept. 12
- Location: Cardinal Stadium, Louisville
UAB — Sept. 10 (Thursday)
- Location: Hard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens
Liberty — Nov. 21
- Location: Carter Finley Stadium, Raleigh
TBA — Sept. 19
Western Michigan — Sept. 19
- Location: Notre Dame Stadium, South Bend
Miami (Ohio) — Sept. 12
- Location: Heinz Field, Pittsburgh
Liberty — Oct. 17
- Location: Carrier Dome, Syracuse
VMI — Sept. 11 (Friday)
- Location: Scott Stadium, Charlottesville
Liberty — Nov. 7
- Location: Lane Stadium, Blacksburg
Old Dominion — Oct. 9 (Friday)
- Location: Truist Field, Winston-Salem