In recent years, the ACC’s Coastal Division usually provided the majority of late-season drama. Generally speaking, “Coastal Chaos” meant multiple teams going into the final week(s) of the season with something to play for: a Crabs In A Bucket approach for division supremacy.
This season, however, Pittsburgh has the Coastal on lock; it’s the Atlantic Division that heads into the final week of the season with three teams gunning for the top spot, in some way, shape or form.
- Wake Forest: 9-2, 6-1 ACC
- NC State: 8-3, 5-2 ACC
Here’s how the scenarios breakdown:
- Wake Forest wins the Atlantic
- If Wake Forest beats Boston College next week (in Chestnut Hill with a noon kick), then Wake Forest claims the Atlantic
- NC State wins the Atlantic
- For this to happen, Boston College needs to defeat Wake Forest